Edward S. Eberle
American b.1944, Tarentum, PA
After receiving his MFA from Alfred University in 1972, Edward Eberle taught at the Philadelphia College of Art and at Carnegie-Mellon University for a total of fourteen years. In 1985 the studio in the Millvale section of Pittsburgh was established where Eberle worked as a studio artist in ceramics and drawing for 26 years.
In February 2010 the Millvale studio was closed due to eminent domain; another building was secured in September 2011 and renovated until September 2012. The new studio is in Homestead PA and has an excellent gallery space and improved studio space.
In addition to numerous one-man shows in New York, Chicago and Pittsburgh galleries, his work is represented in numerous museum collections. Additionally, Mr. Eberle had the opportunity of two one-man exhibitions at the Carnegie Museum of Art (1980, 1991) and one exhibition at the Columbus Museum of Art (1999).
Edward has lived with his wife, Evalyn, in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh since 1975. Sons Jonathan and Joseph were raised there and now reside in Denver and Brooklyn.